Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Drama Time! Mr. Brain

Mr. Brain is an interesting drama to watch as you learn a little more about your brain than you knew before. The drama revolves around Tsukumo Ryusuke, a brilliant neuroscientist who started working in IPS (Institute of Police Science) and  is extremely smart and becoming a neuroscientist in only 5 years but personality wise is an eccentric who fails to read the atmosphere of serious situations. Because of being in the wrong place at the right time he becomes involved in a police case and after this helps out in cases that are difficult to solve or have a peculiar aspect to them. Using his advance knowledge on the way the human brain works he goes against the criminal in an unique way while at the same time aggravating his companions.

The drama itself I personally can't categorize I'd say its more mystery than anything but for a second I would say it was a cop drama, except they're not cops I am sure that it is a comedy because there are moment that make you laugh for sure. In the beginning of the drama you know that Tsukumo wasn't always a brilliant neuroscientist but instead a host but because of some cosmic comical happenings his brain gets a boost of great proportions making him who he is in the drama. There are some personal reasons as to why he became a neuroscientist but these are left to the viewers to speculate and aren't really dealt with in the drama, which is sad because it should have been something they explained in a bit more detail but I forgive the writers seeing as the drama is only eight episodes long and its shorter than the usual jdrama. I enjoyed watching the drama as it taught me some things about my brain that I didn't know and some tricks that I used on my family and friends that once tested ended up being true. I recommend the drama as it is interesting, though I believe I need to rewatch it as I was distracted by my newly discovered interest in neuroscience and might have missed some interesting things (oh my, how sad)


Matane!
またね!

Another thing that distracted me was the main characters beautiful hair! Was I the only one though?! Seriously his hair was amazing! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment